Trattoria Veggie Grillers® Recipe
With roasted red peppers and fresh basil leaves, this sandwich has an authentic Italian country flavor.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 1 thin slice mozzarella cheese (about 3/4 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pesto
- 1/2 (5- to 6-inch) focaccia, split, or 1 hamburger bun, split
- 2 tablespoons slivered roasted red bell pepper
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
1. Cook Veggie Burger according to package directions. Top hot burger with cheese slice. Let stand for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise and pesto.
3. Serve burger in focaccia along with mayonnaise mixture, roasted pepper and fresh basil leaves.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.</bullet>
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/