Tomato Basil Burger Caprese Salad Recipe
MorningStar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers turn classic Caprese salad into an enticing main dish.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
- 1 cup torn mixed spring greens or torn mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon balsamic-basil vinaigrette salad dressing or balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced, or 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. Cook burger according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl toss together greens and salad dressing. Arrange on serving plate. Top with tomato and burger. Arrange cheese on top. Drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with pepper. Garnish as desired.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/