Toasted Corn-and-Poblano-Stuffed Tomatoes
These luscious tomatoes are stuffed with skillet-toasted corn, fresh poblano peppers, Monterey Jack cheese and MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers. Lime juice along with ground cumin spark the flavors.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 4 ripe but firm beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- 3/4 cup seeded and chopped poblano pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, or fresh corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Using serrated knife cut off about 3/4 inch from stem end of each tomato. Seed, chop and reserve 1/2 cup of the tomato tops. Using small spoon, carefully hollow out tomatoes, leaving 1/4- to 1/2-inch shells and being careful not to puncture sides. Drain tomatoes, upside down, on double thickness of paper towels.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers according to package directions. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. In same skillet cook poblano pepper, corn, onion and garlic in hot oil about 8 minutes or until pepper is tender and corn begins to brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl. Stir in reserved chopped tomato, burger pieces, lime juice, cumin and salt. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese. Toss until combined.
4. Sprinkle inside of tomato shells with pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture into shells. Arrange in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top of tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve warm.