Thai Chik'n and Zucchini Salad
Using a spiralizer to cut the zucchini for this warm salad adds interest. However, if you don’t have one, just cut the zucchini into narrow julienne strips—you can still enjoy the warm chik’n nuggets served over vegetables with a spicy peanut dressing.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 package (10.5 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Nuggets
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons Asian Chile-garlic sauce
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup julienne-cut red and/or orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Bake MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Nuggets according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together peanut butter, water, chile-garlic sauce and soy sauce.
3. Use spiralizer to cut zucchini into spiral strips (or cut into julienne strips).
4. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper. Cook and stir for 2 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. On 4 serving plates, arrange zucchini-pepper mixture. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the peanut butter mixture. Top with chik’n nugget pieces. Serve with the remaining peanut butter mixture.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/