Thai-Basil Chik’n Stir-Fry
This easy stove-top vegetarian supper—flavored with fresh basil, serrano peppers, bell peppers and hoisin sauce—can appear on your table in less than a half hour.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups slivered onion
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips or 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 package (10 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Chik’n Strips
- 1 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice (optional)
1. In small bowl stir together hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of the water, tamari sauce and sugar. Set aside.
2. In nonstick wok or large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, serrano peppers and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Chik’n Strips, bell pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon water. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Stir in hoisin mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chik’n strips are heated through.
3. Add basil leaves and lime juice. Stir until combined. Serve over rice (if desired).