Texas Old West Burger Recipe
Savory ranch salad dressing and a sprinkle of pepper spice up these burgers topped with caramelized onions.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 1 tablespoon fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2-inch-thick slices French Bread (about 2 oz. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
2. Add oil to same skillet. Brush oil over skillet bottom. Add onion. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 15 to 18 minutes or until onion is very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS ORIGINAL veggie burger according to package directions.
3. Top one slice of toast with burger. Sprinkle with pepper. Add onion mixture, tomato, salad dressing and remaining toast.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/