Tapas-Style Burgers with Roasted Pepper Tapenade and Manchego Cheese
A zesty tapenade mixture of roasted red peppers, almonds, green olives and fresh rosemary embellishes these Manchego-cheese-topped burgers. They’re a favorite of fan Sue Cortesi, who created the original version of the recipe.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, drained
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika or paprika
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 3 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or onion hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
1. For tapenade, in small food processor combine red peppers, almonds, olives, rosemary, garlic and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add oil. Process until just combined. Set aside.
2. For spread, in small bowl stir together yogurt and paprika. Set aside.
3. In nonstick skillet or grill pan cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions, except top burgers with cheese after turning and cover pan during the last 1 minute of cooking.
4. To serve, spoon half of the tapenade on bun bottoms. Top with greens, burgers and remaining tapenade. Spread yogurt mixture on toasted side of bun tops. Place, spread side down, on sandwiches.
Tapas-Style Sliders: Prepare recipe as directed above. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/