Sweet Potato & Black Bean Saute
Take a break from the usual evening rush with this dish featuring golden sweet potatoes, spicy black bean veggie burgers, savory onions and corn.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chipotle salsa
Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup slivered onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup drained, canned Southwest corn with poblano and red peppers or drained, canned corn with red and green peppers
- Hot cooked rice
1. In small bowl stir together sour cream and salsa. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut each burger into 6 wedges. Set aside.
3. In microwave-safe dish combine potatoes and water. Cook, covered, at 100% power for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender enough to easily chop. Drain. Cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
4. In large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
5. Add corn and burger pieces to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and mixture is hot. Serve over hot cooked rice with sour cream mixture.