Summer Blue Burger Salad Recipe
An herb-vinaigrette, blue cheese and toasted walnuts top this main dish salad.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices red onion
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Combine vinegar, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in jar with tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well.
2. Brush onion on both sides with some vinegar mixture. Grill onion and frozen burgers over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill.
3. Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Cut burgers into strips. Separate onion into rings. Place burgers and onion on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Shake vinegar mixture. Drizzle over salads.
Toasting enhances nuts' natural flavors, making them irresistible. As a general rule, to toast most varieties of nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Be sure to watch carefully and stir them once or twice so they don't burn.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/