Steak and Veggie Quesadillas
With MorningStar Farms® Steak Strips, red onion and spinach, these quesadillas will satisfy even the most discerning tastes.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 (7- to 8-inch) whole wheat or other whole grain tortillas
MorningStar Farms®Steak Strips
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning*
- 1 1/2 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 2 loosely-packed cups)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
1. Cut tortillas in half. Set aside. In microwave-safe bowl microwave MORNINGSTAR FARMS Steak Strips on 50% power (medium) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thawed, stirring once. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook onion in oil about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in steak strip pieces and Mexican seasoning. Cook and stir for 1 to 3 minutes more or until hot. Stir in spinach. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
3. For each quesadilla, spread about 3 tablespoons of the steak strip mixture down the center of a tortilla half. Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold both sides of the tortilla over the filling, making a triangle. Secure with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Place, toothpick side up, on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining steak strip mixture, tortillas and cheese. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° F for 9 to 12 minutes or until beginning to brown.
4. To serve, place shredded lettuce on serving plate, if desired. Top with filled tortillas. Serve with salsa, if desired.
*If desired, substitute 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper for the Mexican seasoning.