Spicy Mango Stir Fry With Asian Veggie Patties Recipe
Add Thai chili peppers, garden-fresh broccoli, juicy mangoes, crisp snow peas and pungent bell peppers to MorningStar® Farms Asian Veggie Patties for a bright and delicious stir-fry.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Asian Veggie Patties
- 1 Thai chili pepper, birdseye chili pepper, small red Serrano pepper or jalapeño pepper,
- seeded and thinly sliced*
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chipped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, bias-sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow, red or green bell pepper
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
1. Cut each MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Asian Veggie Patties into 4 strips. Place in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chili pepper.
2. In small dish stir together soy sauce, gingerroot and garlic. Pour over patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. In large nonstick wok or skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry onion in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broccoli, carrot and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in mangoes. Add snow peas, patty strips and marinade. Cook and gently stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
4. Stir in cilantro. Garnish with green onion and almonds, if desired. Serve immediately.
*Note: Using the jalapeno pepper increases the spicy hotness of the stir-fry. Since hot chili peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin or eyes, wear disposable or rubber gloves when working with them. If your bare hands do touch the chili peppers, wash your hands with soap and water.