Spicy Black Bean Burger with Roasted Corn Relish Recipe
A spicy roasted corn- and red onion-relish tops the black bean burger in this scrumptious sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun or hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 thin slices tomato
1. In small nonstick skillet heat oil. Add corn. Cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until corn begins to brown. Remove from heat. Stir in onion, barbecue sauce, jalapeño pepper and vinegar. Set aside.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with burger, tomato slices, corn mixture and bun top.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/