Southwest Skillet Supper Recipe
Black beans, corn and salsa lend a Southwest flair to this one-dish dinner.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package Morningstar Farms® Chik Patties® Original
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Combine all ingredients except MorningStar Farms® Chik Patties® Original and cilantro in 12-inch frypan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
2. Stir in MorningStar Farms® Chik Patties® Original and cilantro. Continue heating 5 minutes longer or until patties are hot. Serve hot.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/