Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
Dollops of salsa, guacamole and sour cream enhance the flavors of the Chiptole Black Bean Crumbles™ topping this main-dish salad.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 cups torn mixed spring greens or torn mixed greens
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette salad dressing or spicy ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1. In large skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES and water. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Simmer to desired consistency.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together greens and salad dressing. Arrange on 4 serving plates. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Spoon hot crumbles on cheese. Top with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/