Southwest Breakfast Burritos
A zesty way to start the day—whole grain tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, bell pepper, green onions, Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles® and cheddar cheese.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
1 1/2 cups
Morningstar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 (8-inch) whole grain tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES and water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue cooking, covered, about 3 minutes more or until heated through. If needed, remove lid and continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet out with paper towel.
2. In medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, black pepper and salt. In same skillet heat oil over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edges. Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cook egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through. Remove from heat. Gently fold in crumbles, bell pepper and green onions.
3. Spoon about 2/3 cup of the egg mixture onto each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold in opposite sides. Serve immediately.