Southwest Black Bean Burger Sandwich Recipe
Be a dinnertime hero with this meal-in-a-sandwich that will win you applause. A black bean burger is topped with cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives, and then it's tucked into a bun along with salsa-and-ranch-dressed salad.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoons pitted and sliced black olives
- 1 hamburger bun or whole wheat hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In small bowl stir together salad dressing and salsa. Toss with lettuce. Set aside.
2. Micro-cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions, except after turning burger top with cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives. Continue micro-cooking according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with lettuce mixture and burger. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Add bun top.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/