Southwest Black Bean Burger Sandwich Recipe
Be a dinnertime hero with this meal-in-a-sandwich that will win you applause. A black bean burger is topped with cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives, and then it's tucked into a bun along with salsa-and-ranch-dressed salad.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoons pitted and sliced black olives
- 1 hamburger bun or whole wheat hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In small bowl stir together salad dressing and salsa. Toss with lettuce. Set aside.
2. Micro-cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions, except after turning burger top with cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives. Continue micro-cooking according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with lettuce mixture and burger. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Add bun top.