Santa Fe Frittata
When you’re in the mood for eggs, serve this scrumptious frittata packed with bell peppers and black bean veggie burgers.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper, green bell pepper or combination
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, pepper cheese or cheddar cheese
- Sliced avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or sliced green onions (optional)
1. In medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
2. In large, oven-safe nonstick skillet cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, turning patties once. Break burgers into bite-size pieces.
3. Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over mixture in skillet. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat. As mixture sets, run spatula around edge of skillet, allowing uncooked portions of eggs to flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting until mixture is almost set and surface is moist.
4. Sprinkle cheese over top. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is just set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or green onions (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/