Serve this warm flatbread, topped with MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties, fresh rosemary, caramelized onion and Parmesan cheese, as open-face sandwiches or appetizers at your next party.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium Spanish onion or yellow onion, thinly sliced (2 cups total)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patties
- 1 portion (1 lb.) frozen pizza dough, thawed, or fresh pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- 1 small Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup microgreens or baby greens
1. In large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and sugar, stirring to coat. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Uncover. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 20 minutes more or until onion begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, on microwave-safe plate place MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Original Sausage Patties. Microwave at high about 1 minute or until thawed. Cut into quarters.
3. Divide pizza dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into 10 x 5-inch rectangle. Transfer rectangles to lightly greased baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between rectangles.
4. In small bowl stir together the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and garlic. Brush over dough rectangles. Lightly sprinkle with rosemary and salt. Top with onion, patty pieces and tomato. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 6 slices to serve. Top each slice with some of the greens.
NOTE: For easy onion slicing, use mandolin.