Roasted Vegetable-Black Bean Burger Panzanella Salad
This lively salad mixes new tastes and textures with familiar ones. Adding crunch are homemade garlic croutons. Roasted zucchini and red onion combine with tomatoes marinated in fresh-tasting salad dressing. And zesty MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers liven up the finished salad.
Prep Time: 50 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices whole wheat bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 cups torn mixed spring greens
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
1. For croutons, place bread pieces on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan lined with foil. Coat bread with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Toss until combined. Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp, stirring once or twice. Use foil to lift croutons off pan. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in 2 tablespoons oil. Place tomatoes in large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over tomatoes. Gently stir until combined. Let stand at room temperature until needed.
3. Toss together zucchini, onion and 1 teaspoon oil. Spread on one end of the same 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers to other end of the pan. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes more or until burgers are heated through, turning burgers and stirring vegetables after 6 minutes. Stir vegetables into tomato mixture. Cut burgers into bite-size pieces
4. Add croutons, greens and basil to vegetable mixture. Toss until combined. Add burger pieces. Toss until combined. Serve immediately.