Pimiento Cheese Poppers with Chik'n Nuggets
Cheese poppers don’t have to be the same old thing! Multi-colored, miniature, sweet peppers filled with pimiento cheese and MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Nuggets are the ultimate party fare.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
1 package (10.5 oz.)
MorningStar Farms®Chik’n Nuggets
- 15 miniature multi-colored, sweet peppers (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or chopped green onions (optional)
1. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Nuggets in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes. Lengthwise cut each nugget in half.
2. Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise, keeping stems intact. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut sides up, in foil-lined, shallow baking pan.
3. In small bowl stir together 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, pimiento, Sriracha and garlic powder. Spoon into peppers. Top each with chik’n nugget piece. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F about 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Transfer stuffed peppers to serving platter. Sprinkle with chives (if desired). Serve warm.