Pepper Steak Tapas
Classic tapas are little bites of great flavors and this recipe is no exception. Smoky paprika and garlic flavor the steak strips that are served with wilted spinach and crispy baguette slices.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 8 (1/3-inch-thick) diagonal slices whole wheat or buckwheat baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 package (10 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Steak Strips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup shaved Manchego or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
1. Place baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
2. In large skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in paprika. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Steak Strips and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
3. Add spinach to same skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until just wilted.
4. On serving tray arrange baguette slices. Top with spinach and steak strips mixture. Top with cheese (if desired). Sprinkle with lemon juice (if desired).