Moroccan Vegetable Soup
Aromatic cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper add exotic flavors to this vegetable soup.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
MorningStar Farms®Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces (about 12 oz.)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burger on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 15 to 30 seconds or until just thawed. Cut burgers into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick saucepan cook onion in oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Add broth to onion mixture. Stir in sweet potato. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, undrained tomatoes and tomato paste. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Stir in burger pieces. Heat through. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/