Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Panini Recipe
A simple vegetarian panini recipe that's big on taste with veggie sausage links and fresh veggies on a whole wheat tortilla.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Sausage Links
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach,
- 4 ounces firm tofu,
- 3 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
1. Remove MORNINGSTAR FARMS VEGGIE SAUSAGE LINKS from package. Place on microwave-safe plate. Loosely cover and cook on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) about 1 minute or until partially thawed, rearranging links over after 30 seconds. Finely chop. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook onion and bell pepper in hot oil over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in turmeric, salt, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Increase heat to medium. Stir in sausage link pieces, spinach and tofu. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
3. Spoon mixture down center of tortillas. Fold tortilla sides over filling. Place in preheated and oiled panini grill, contact grill or waffle maker. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through and grill marks appear.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/