Med Mex Black Bean Tostados
Indulge your appetite with a substantial egg breakfast or dinner that combines south-of-the-border flavors with those found in the Mediterranean. We created a creamy concoction of avocado and hummus spread it on crispy corn tortillas and, then topped them with veggies, MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger and eggs.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut up
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- Coarse ground black pepper (optional)
- Taco sauce (optional)
1. Place tortillas on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray. Bake at 375°F about 10 minutes or until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in small food processor combine avocado and hummus. Cover and process until smooth.
3. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Burger according to package directions.
4. In large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Carefully break eggs into skillet. Cook over medium heat until egg whites are set. Add water to skillet. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until yolks begin to thicken, but are not hard.
5. Spread avocado mixture on tortillas. Top with tomato, zucchini, sausage patties and eggs. Lightly sprinkle with pepper (if desired). Serve immediately with taco sauce (if desired).