Cauliflower & Crumbles™ Crusted Pizza
The rich crust on this classic Margherita pizza is made with cauliflower, MorningStar Farms® Crumbles™ and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
1/2 package (6 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™
- 5 cups chopped fresh cauliflower, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 small Roma tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1. In microwave-safe bowl place MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS CRUMBLES. Microwave, covered, at high about 2 minutes or until thawed. Drain on double thickness of paper towels.
2. In food processor bowl place 3 cups of the cauliflower. Cover and process until very finely ground (similar to rice). Repeat with the remaining 2 cups cauliflower, except process until paste almost forms. Firmly press ground cauliflower and cauliflower paste between clean kitchen towels to remove as much moisture as possible.
3. In large bowl combine crumbles, ground cauliflower, cauliflower paste, cheese, salt and pepper. Add egg. Mix well. Preheat oven to 475° F. Place baking sheet in oven to preheat.
4. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Press cauliflower mixture into 13 x 10-inch rectangle on parchment paper*. Lightly coat cauliflower mixture with cooking spray. Use parchment paper to slide crust onto preheated baking sheet. Bake on bottom oven rack at 475° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven.
5. Top crust with mozzarella cheese. Spoon small dollops of pizza sauce on cheese. Carefully spread sauce (not all cheese will be covered). Top with tomato slices. Bake on center oven rack at 475° F about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil. To serve, cut into 6 rectangles.
*NOTE: To easily shape crust, pat cauliflower mixture into 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cover with wax paper. Using rolling pin on top of wax paper, roll mixture into 13 x 10-inch rectangle. Remove wax paper and bake.
Use a mandolin to very thinly slice tomatoes.