Maple Veggie Pork and Pear Pizzas
You don’t need to have a party—family game night will do—to enjoy the maple barbecued veggie pork and fresh pear slices on these pizzas.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 medium leek, halved, cleaned and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 package (5 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tube (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 3/4 cups (7 oz.) shredded fontina cheese or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium fresh pear or 1/2 large fresh apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1. In large nonstick skillet cook leek and garlic in oil over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Pulled Pork, water and barbecue seasoning. Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently. Stir in maple syrup. Set aside.
2. On lightly floured surface pat pizza dough into 15 x 10 1/2-inch rectangle. Cut into nine 5- x 3 1/2-inch rectangles. Place on baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400°F for 6 minutes.
3. Top partially baked crusts with half of the cheese, pear or apple slices and pulled pork mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400°F for 7 to 9 minutes more or until crusts are golden brown and cheese is melted.
4. Transfer to serving plate. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Serve warm.