Sweet & Savory Oat Bowl
Start your day with a flax-seed-and-raisin-enhanced bowl of oatmeal that’s topped with a vegetarian breakfast patty and maple syrup.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
MorningStar Farms®Veggie Sausage and Grain Breakfast Patties
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup Dried raisins
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Sausage and Grain Breakfast Patties according to package directions.
2. In small saucepan combine apple juice, raisins, flaxseeds and salt. Bring to boiling. Stir in oats. Simmer about 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Spoon into 2 serving bowls.
3. Top each with a breakfast patty. Drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/