Need a quick-to-fix snack for the gang? These spicy nachos fit the bill.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 6 cups tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups
Morningstar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped red, green or yellow bell pepper or combination
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
1. Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on 11- or 12-inch ovenproof platter or pizza pan, overlapping them slightly.
2. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES and water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue cooking, covered, about 3 minutes more or until heated through. If needed, remove lid and continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates.
3. Spoon crumbles over chips. Sprinkle with cheese, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and onion. Bake at 425° F for 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and/or guacamole (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/