Loaded Breakfast Muffin
Indulge yourself with this hearty corn muffin stuffed with egg, a MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patty and cheese.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patty
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons cornbread muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons refrigerated egg product
- 1/4 slice cheddar cheese (about 1/4 oz.)
- 1/4 slice American cheese (about 1/4 oz.)
1. On microwave-safe plate cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Sausage patty at 50% power (medium) about 20 seconds or until just thawed, turning over once. Set aside.
2. In small nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Carefully break egg into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard. Place egg on cutting board. Use 3-inch round cookie cutter to trim off edges of egg white.
3. In small bowl stir together muffin mix, milk and egg product until just combined. Set aside.
4. Generously grease jumbo (8 oz.) muffin cup or 8-ounce custard cup. Spoon 1/3 of the cornbread mixture into bottom of cup. Top with cheddar cheese, sausage patty, American cheese and egg. Spoon remaining batter over top, completely covering egg. Bake at 450° about 8 minutes or until set.
5. Let cool in cup for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin cup. Serve warm.