Serve 3 of these spicy-filled lettuce wraps as a main dish or plan on serving 2 as an appetizer serving.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
1 package (12 oz.)
Morningstar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 large butterhead lettuce leaves or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
1. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES, water and onion. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue cooking, covered, about 3 minutes more or until heated through. If needed, remove lid and continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates.
2. Place lettuce leaves on cutting board. Remove and discard thick, white bottom portion of center vein in each leaf. Spoon crumbles mixture onto leaves. Sprinkle with cheese, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with lime juice. Wrap lettuce around filling. Secure with toothpicks (if desired). Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/