Layered Mexican Bowl
Put a Mexican twist on a one-bowl dinner by layering salsa-infused MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, juicy tomatoes, fire-roasted corn, sliced olives, green onions and cheddar cheese on top of brown rice. Then dress it with a dollop of avocado-yogurt cream. This family-pleasing meal can be ready in just 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced olives, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1. In medium bowl mash avocado. Stir in yogurt, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES according to package directions. Stir in salsa.
3. Divide rice among four serving bowls. Top with hot crumbles mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, corn, olives and onions. Spoon avocado mixture on each. Sprinkle with cheese.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/