Hearty Veggie Chili
During the week, convenience is key. Here’s a way to turn Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles® into a zesty chili. Just the right combination of red onion, tomatoes, kidney beans and zucchini complement the frozen crumbles for a family-pleasing chili.
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onions, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 package (12 oz.)
Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles®
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. In nonstick Dutch oven cook 3/4 cup of the onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
2. Stir in crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, undrained diced tomatoes, water, sugar and basil. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES and zucchini. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup onion, cheddar cheese and parsley (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/