Hearty Breakfast Hash
MorningStar Farms® Veggie Sausage Links transform classic hash into a delicious meatless one-dish meal.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
MorningStar Farms®Veggie Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped, cooked potatoes or frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. Chop MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Sausage Links.
2. In large, oven-safe skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion and chopped sausage links. Cook for 1 minute. Add potatoes, paprika and garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Using the back of a ladle, make 3 indents in potato mixture.
3. Crack eggs, one at a time, into indents in potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 4 to 6 minutes or until egg yolks start to thicken. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle with green onions and parsley. Arrange avocado slices on top. Serve warm.