Grilled Eggplant with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
If you’ve never grilled eggplant before, you’ll wonder why you waited! Grilling lets its natural flavor shine through. This recipe tops it with spicy Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, fresh tomatoes and bits of cheese.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 large (20 oz.) eggplant, crosswise cut into twelve 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1 1/2 cups red and yellow grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) crumbled cojita cheese or queso fresco
- Small basil leaves (optional)
1. Brush eggplant slices on both sides with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place eggplant on grill rack directly over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until very tender, turning frequently. (Or, heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant slices to pan. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until very tender and grill marks appear, turning once. Depending on size of grill pan, you may need to cook eggplant in 2 or 3 batches.)
3. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles according to package directions. Stir in tomatoes.
4. Spoon crumbles mixture on top of eggplant slices. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves (if desired).