Grilled Breakfast Sandwich
Perfect for camping or just making breakfast in the great outdoors—this breakfast sandwich cooks on the grill.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Heavy duty foil
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patties
- 1 Kaiser bun or hamburger bun, split
- 2 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
1. Fold 14- x 7-inch piece of foil in half, making a 7-inch square. Shape into 4-inch, round foil pan by turning up edges and folding as necessary to form 1-inch sides on round pan. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat.
3. Brush avocado with oil. Place avocado, MORNINGSTAR FARMS Sausage Patties and bun, cut sides down, on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill for 2 minutes. Remove bun from grill. Turn avocado and sausage patties. Top sausage with cheese. Grill for 1 to 3 minutes more or until avocado is soft and sausage patties are heated through. Remove from grill. Keep warm.
4. Place foil pan on grill directly over medium heat. Add butter to foil pan. Grill until butter melts. Gently crack egg into melted butter. Grill, covered, for 3 to 6 minutes or until yolk begins to thicken but is not hard. Remove pan from grill.
5. Place avocado on bun bottom. Use fork to mash avocado over bread. Top with sausage patties, egg and bun top. Serve immediately.