Greek Burgers Recipe
A light, lemony, yogurt-feta sauce, cucumber slices, red onion rings and black olives turn basic grilled burgers into a Mediterranean feast.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons 50% less fat feta cheese,
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yogurt or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley,
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon peel,
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 1 whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger bun,
- 2 thin slices cucumber
- 1 thin slice red onion,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black olives,
1. In a small bowl stir together feta cheese, yogurt, parsley, lemon peel and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS ORIGINAL veggie burger according to package directions.
3. Serve veggie burger on bun topped with yogurt mixture, cucumber, onion and olives.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/