Goat Cheese Topped Veggie Burger Recipe
Creamy, tangy goat cheese loaded with fresh herbs makes an impressive, yet easy, burger topping.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1/2 ounce chèvre (goat cheese), softened (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patties™
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
1. In small bowl combine chèvre, milk, rosemary, thyme and garlic salt. Set aside.
2. Micro-cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS veggie patty according to package directions, except after turning patty spread cheese mixture on top. Continue micro-cooking according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with spinach, burger and bun top.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/