Garden Veggie Deluxe Burger Recipe
A little curry flavor along with provolone cheese, red onion, bell pepper and tomato turn this burger into a garden-fresh sandwich.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers
- 1 slice provolone cheese (about 3/4 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise or mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice red onion
- 2 rings green bell pepper
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun, split
1. Cook Veggie Burger according to package directions. Top hot burger with cheese slice. Let stand for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together mayonnaise and curry powder. Spread on bun bottom. Top with burger, tomato slice, red onion, bell pepper and bun top.
ON THE GRILL:
1. Preheat Grill
2. Use a food thermometer to be sure burgers reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/