Be a dinnertime hero with these quick-grilled black bean burgers topped with a lively salsa of tomato, corn, jalapeño pepper and lime juice.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/3 cup seeded and finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (9.5 oz.)
Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 4 sourdough hamburger buns or hamburger buns, split
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 thin tomato slices
1. Preheat grill.
2. In small bowl combine chopped tomato, corn, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Grill MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until burgers reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F, turning once.
4. Top bun bottoms with lettuce, tomato slices, burgers, corn mixture and bun tops. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/