Fire and Ice Pasta Salad Recipe
This spicy, hot and refreshing salad is a delectable combination of MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, mangoes, tomato, pasta, jalapeño pepper, picante sauce and lime juice.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 140 min
- 4 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lettuce leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain. Cook burgers according to package directions. Cut each patty into 9 pieces. In large bowl gently toss together pasta, burgers, mangoes, tomato and jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together picante sauce, lime juice, honey and oil. Drizzle over chilled salad. Lightly toss to coat.
3. To serve, line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Top with salad.