Fire and Ice Pasta Salad Recipe
This spicy, hot and refreshing salad is a delectable combination of MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, mangoes, tomato, pasta, jalapeño pepper, picante sauce and lime juice.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 140 min
- 4 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain. Cook burgers according to package directions. Cut each patty into 9 pieces. In large bowl gently toss together pasta, burgers, mangoes, tomato and jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together picante sauce, lime juice, honey and oil. Drizzle over chilled salad. Lightly toss to coat.
3. To serve, line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Top with salad.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/