Eggs in Clouds
Egg yolks nestle in savory, soufflé-like clouds in this breakfast specialty.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patties
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 slices bread, toasted
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Original Sausage Patties according to package directions. Cool slightly. Finely chop.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small, clean mixing bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt on medium to high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. By hand, gently fold in veggie sausage, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and green onion.
3. Spoon egg white mixture into 2 large mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading them into 4 1/2-inch circles. Using the back of a spoon create an indent in center of each. Bake at 400° F for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Spoon one egg yolk into each indent. Bake at 400°F for 2 to 3 minutes more or until yolks begin to thicken.
4. Carefully remove from paper. Place on toast. Serve warm.