General Tso Chik'n Nuggets
Skip the take-out and make this vegetarian version of the classic entrée in less than a half hour—far less time than it takes to place a restaurant order and pick it up.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
1 package (10.5 oz.)
MorningStar Farms®Chik’n Nuggets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. In oven prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Nuggets according to package directions, turning nuggets over after 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, ketchup and cornstarch. Set aside.
3. In small saucepan combine broth, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and garlic. Bring to boiling. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
4. In microwave-safe bowl combine broccoli and water. Microwave at high for 2 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain well.
5. Place rice in 4 serving bowls. Top with broccoli and chik’n nuggets. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with onions.