Quick Curry Veggie Bowl
This is one super meal-in-a-bowl—a medley of potatoes, peas, bell pepper and MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™ mingle in a curry spiced broth.
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 red skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 12 oz.)
1 package (12 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped yellow, red or orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1. In Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook about 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in curry powder, tomato paste, ginger root, garlic, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minute more or until spices are fragrant.
2. Stir broth and potatoes into spice mixture. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender.
3. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS CRUMBLES, peas and bell pepper into potato mixture. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut cream. Heat through. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with cilantro and peanuts.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/