Chipotle Corn Chowder
Spectacular and rich, this chowder features popular Southwestern flavors of corn, sweet bell peppers, cumin, cayenne pepper and MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup evaporated fat free milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 package (6 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut up
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. In large saucepan combine broth, corn, green pepper, red pepper, carrots, cumin and cayenne pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. In small bowl whisk together milk and flour. Stir into hot mixture in saucepan. Bring to boiling. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES. Cook over medium heat until crumbles are hot, stirring frequently. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
3. Ladle chowder into serving bowls. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/