Easy Black Bean Burger Stew
Packaged shredded cole slaw mix reduces the prep time and adds convenience for this hearty soup. Sweet potato with aromatic cinnamon, cumin and red pepper give it a North African flair.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups peeled and chopped sweet potato (about one 10-oz. potato)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with no added salt
- 2 cups packaged cole slaw mix (shredded cabbage with carrot)
1. In Dutch oven or large saucepan combine broth, sweet potato, onion, celery, garlic, cinnamon, cumin and red pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
2. Meanwhile, place two MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 30 to 45 seconds or until just thawed. Cut burgers into bite-size pieces. Repeat with the remaining two burgers. Set aside.
3. Stir undrained tomatoes, cole slaw mix and veggie burger pieces into vegetable mixture. Return to boiling. Simmer for 1 minute.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/