Sweet ‘n’ Sour Steak
Longing for a one-bowl dinner filled with the flavors of summer? Try this simple one-dish dinner made from barbecue sauced MorningStar Farms® Steak Strips, fresh or frozen mango chunks and pineapple chunks served over brown rice.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot or peach all-fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 package (10 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Steak Strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango or papaya chunks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. In small bowl stir together barbecue sauce, fruit spread and lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Steak Strips and water. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until steak strips are heated through.
3. Stir barbecue sauce mixture, mango and pineapple into steak strips mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with steak strips mixture.