- 1 Morningstar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce, any brand
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp black olives
- 1 tsp canned mushrooms, drain water
- 1 whole-wheat hamburger bun
Cook one Morningstar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Veggie Burger according to directions on the box. Cook on stove, microwave or grill. While it is cooking, place whole-wheat bun in toaster oven or under broiler until toasted. Put 1 tablespoon of the pizza sauce on the bottom half of the bun. Put the patty on top. Put the pepperoni pieces, olives and mushrooms on top of the patty. Now place the mozzarella slice on top and place back in toaster oven or under broiler until cheese is melted. Take the remaining tablespoon of pizza sauce and place it on the top bun. Now you have a burger that tastes like your favorite pizza, but with a lot fewer calories.
1. Joyce, A. et al. (2012) Reducing the Environmental Impact of Dietary Choice: Perspectives from a Behavioural and Social Change Approach. [Online] Journal of Environmental adn Public Health. 2012. Available at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/978672/