Meatless Crumbles Loaf
A tasty, vegetarian version of meat loaf.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 75 min
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1. In medium bowl stir together egg substitute, wheat germ, oats, onion, sage, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Let stand for 3 minutes. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS Recipe Crumbles. Mix well. Firmly press into 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan generously coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over loaf. Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If desired, replace the egg substitute with 4 slightly beaten eggs.
1. Joyce, A. et al. (2012) Reducing the Environmental Impact of Dietary Choice: Perspectives from a Behavioural and Social Change Approach. [Online] Journal of Environmental adn Public Health. 2012. Available at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/978672/