Black 'N Blue Morningstar Farms® Burger Recipe
Zesty Cajun seasoning gives these burgers a blackened flavor and pungent blue cheese tops it all.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 hamburger bun or Kaiser roll, split
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
1. Place Veggie Burger on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Turn burger. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Bake at 350°F for 7 to 8 minutes more or until heated through.
2. Meanwhile, in small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook onion over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Place lettuce leaf on bun bottom. Top with burger, tomato slice, onion rings, blue cheese and bun top.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.</bullet>
1. Joyce, A. et al. (2012) Reducing the Environmental Impact of Dietary Choice: Perspectives from a Behavioural and Social Change Approach. [Online] Journal of Environmental adn Public Health. 2012. Available at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/978672/