Curried Stuffed Acorn Squash
Curry, cinnamon, apple, raisins and peanuts complement sweet, acorn squash in this main dish.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 90 min
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooking apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Halve squash. Discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles, rice, apple, raisins and peanuts. Add apple juice and egg. Stir until combined.
3. Turn squash halves, cut side up, in dish. Spoon rice mixture into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 30 minutes more or until squash is tender and rice mixture is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Lengthwise cut each squash piece in half.